Book a nature-based school trip, Forest School programme or staff training at West Boldon Lodge or in school.
Visit West Boldon Lodge to enhance pupil’s learning and development. We offer curriculum-linked school trips to deepen knowledge, outdoor play days enrich education, and long-term Forest School programmes to support personal, social and emotional development.
We believe hands on, immersive educational experiences enable children to learn about, develop an interest in, and truly understand topics. We have been putting this into practice, delivering high quality, engaging and informative education programmes with excellent outcomes, for more than two decades. Through all our delivery, we aim to foster an interest in learning, a connection with the world around us, and to develop essential life skills such as communication, team working and self-confidence.
We offer 4 different services to help your pupils learn, develop and improve wellbeing:
- Whole-class day visits which may be focused on curriculum topics such as habitats, life cycles, stories and literacy, stone age, or more. £250 per class per day
- Enrichment days to boost wellbeing, team work, communication and resilience. £250 per class per day, or £150 per day when you book 4 or more repeat visits for the same class(es).
- Forest School provision, to help children to connect with nature, improve their wellbeing, and develop personal, social and emotional skills through long-term programmes in the woodland at West Boldon Lodge or in school. £150 per day or £100 per half-day for programmes at least 4 sessions long.
- Small group (6-8 pupils) and 1:1 Bespoke Therapeutic Forest School, supporting children and young people for whom mainstream education is challenging to increase in self-confidence, emotional-expression and self-regulation, through long-term outdoor programmes. £145 per half-day or £220 per day.
Our programmes offer excellent value for money. You’ll receive learning activities tailored to your class with one of our specialist education officers, a dedicated indoor lunch room, risk-assessments for activities, and a free pre-visit for staff.
Click the links below1 for more information on some of our most popular visits or complete our booking enquiry form to enquire about a bespoke day or if you already know the topic you want to book.
- The 4 seasons (4 visits, one in each season).
- Pirate theme
- Book links, The very hungry caterpillar, We’re going on a bear hunt, The Gruffalo and many more
- music making
- Forest school, bush craft, den building, bug hunts, pond dipping and enrichment.
- Seasonal changes
- Living things and their habitats
- Plants and trees
- Great fire of London
- Stone Age
Did you know our team also run Anglo-Saxon and Viking education sessions at Jarrow Hall?
- Traditional tales
- The Gruffalo
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Contact us if you’d like to bring your current story book to life in an immersive day with us
- Den building and campfires
- Forest School
- Coastal School
- Halloween Adventure
- Santa’s Winter Woodland
A visit to West Boldon Lodge doesn’t have to end when you get on the bus home. Here are some fun activities to try at home and some resources to help you continue learning.
We’re here to help you improve the quality of education in your school with a bespoke CPD session. Whether you are just starting on your outdoor learning journey, you’ve identified a skills gap in your team, or you’re looking to take the next step in introducing risky play in your Early Years setting, our training can inform and empower teachers and teaching assistants to take learning outside the classroom.
Let us know your needs and we’ll work with you to develop a bespoke training course. Past examples include:
- Safe campfires for teaching and learning
- Plant identification and growing
- Knots for Forest School
- Safe us of hand tools
- Finding opportunities for learning outside the classroom
Approximate cost £400 for a twilight session for up to 10 staff.
Contact us to discuss how we can support your staff development.
Develop staff skills and confidence to deliver learning outside the classroom with a quality training programme with West Boldon Lodge. Complete our certified Level 3 Forest School Leader course, or book our experienced staff to deliver a bespoke training session for your school staff team.
The NOCN Level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders is designed for learners who will be planning and leading groups in a Forest School programme. The qualification is aimed at teachers, teaching assistants, Early Years practitioners and self-employed freelancers who require the knowledge and skills to be a Forest School Leader.
Learners will gain an understanding of the principles of Forest School and the skills required for facilitating outdoor activities. We run a course each year in partnership with North Yorkshire Forest School Training.
Christmas at West Boldon Lodge School sessions now SOLD OUT!
All school sessions at West Boldon Lodge are now sold out. Book early next year to avoid disappointment!